Tyler and I recently got back from a trip to Tampa, Florida. It's actually not too far away from Memphis, so we thought we'd go explore. Plus one of the perks...Tampa has a major league baseball team and Tyler and I want to go to every baseball stadium in America. We'll see if that happens...So far we've only been to 4 stadiums.
Here we are watching the Tampa Bay Rays. We loved the stadium because it has a dome over it. This means no sunburns or scorching hot temperatures to deal with while watching the game. Instead we enjoyed the air conditioning behind home plate, hot dogs and the Rays won.
Oh by the way, Tyler was excited when we saw Dick Vitale sitting close to us attending the game with his grandsons. He's an ESPN college basketball analyst.
We also went to Busch Gardens to see the animals and ride all the big rollercoasters.
And this is the greatest picture of all...Tyler pretending like he was stung by a Stingray. Take a good look at the sign...if we would have followed directions, we might not have found ourselves in the predicament we got into. See story below...
Day one of vacation...our hotel was right across the street from the beach. Tyler and I were excited to go get into the ocean and enjoy the water. We saw the sign above as we were walking onto the beach, but really didn't pay much attention to it.
We started splashing around in the ocean. We bought a frisbee and were playing catch with it. Tyler of course was diving all over the place to catch the frisbee and told me this was the best time he'd ever had in the ocean. Right after he said that...he yelled, "Something got me!" I was confused. He started running out of the ocean and then I knew it was serious. Neither of us knew what had bit or stung him. YIKES! His foot was bleeding and he was in a lot of pain. So he tells me to run and get help. (I have to tell you it was probably a pretty hilarious sight to see a total tourist...hot pink swimsuit and NO tan whatsoever running across the beach in a panicked state.) Anyway...I ran to the snack bar out on the beach and asked an old man working it what in the world could have bit my husband. He casually replied that it was probably a stingray. I couldn't believe it. The Croc hunter died from getting stung by a stingray, but he was stung in the chest. This was not good. The old man handed us a paper with instructions on how to treat the sting.
Basically to make a long story short...the paper told us to soak his foot for an hour and a half in the hottest water he could stand. This sucks the venom out of your body. We did that and cleaned it out. Tyler was in excruciating pain, but finally felt a little better a couple of hours later. We had baseball tickets for later on that night...and Tyler insisted that we went. Of course he loves sports and a stingray wasn't going to stop him. He limped all the way to the game. By the way, he is feeling much better. His foot is pretty much healed.
Overall it was a crazy way to start the first day of our vacation. We didn't go in the water again.




What a funny story! It totally sounds like a Jill story, poor Tyler has entered the world of Jill! You blog looks great by the way.
ReplyDeleteCheck you out fancy sucka!! Way to join the blogging world, I'm proud of you!! Great story too, you guys are dorks, and I would have paid money to watch that saga play out! Miss you...love you, can't wait til you visit again! Happy to now 'stalk' you through this lovely blog!
ReplyDeleteI still laugh when I think about this story. Hearing you tell it on the phone was even better! Glad you are now up and blogging and we can find out what's going on in the crazy life of the weather girl! ha ha ha.
ReplyDelete