
Atlanta is home to the largest aquarium in the world. It holds 8 million gallons of water. The owner of home depot donated 250 million dollars to help open it.


Tyler was so proud of the picture below because he felt he caught a Kodak moment on camera as the fish kissed me! Kind of a scary looking fish though!


CNN was our next stop. I was quite excited for the tour. Tyler was excited to meet Wolf Blitzer.


CNN's headquarters are in Atlanta.
Next Tyler and I continue our tour of Baseball Parks around the country. It's our goal to see every MLB baseball park in the country before we die! HAHA! Here we're at the Braves game at Turner Field. We also got to see a no hitter, which is very rare to see in the game of baseball.



A week and a half later we met our parents in New York. I had never been to New York and neither had my parents. This is the first view I got outside our hotel window. Look at all those cabs!


And yes cute little flower shops on the street like this really do exsist.

Times Square was crazy! There were so many lights and big signs. Just a lot going on. It was very big and there was a lot to take in.

Next we were off to see a Broadway Play. We chose to see Mary Poppins. It was really good and everyone had a good time. By this time we had met up with our parents. The theatre we went to was over 100 years old.


Night life in the city.





The double decker bus tours were a lot of fun and one of the best ways to see the city. Mom and Dad with the Empire State Building behind them.

We also stopped at the 9/11 Memorial. It was so sad. This is the plaque showing all of the firefighters names who died on that day trying to save other people's lives. There were alot of names on the wall.
Next Stop Statue of Liberty. We only had a few days so we didn't actually go up inside, but saw her from a distance.


Notice at the bottom of this picture the Coach purse. If you didn't know New York has all the fake name brand purses you could ever want. We had quite the adventures getting our hands on these purses. Back alleyways, stores with secret doors that led to rooms full of prada, guchi, Channel purses. You name the brand and they usually had it. Then you had to bargain with them. After I negotiated some bargains for my mom and mother-in-law, one of the "sales" ladies said, "you buy?" I said "no" she then said, "You have way to big of mouth, talk too much and no buy!" I just started laughing. HOW RUDE! Believe me, I eventually started buying.
Next we headed off to the Late Show with David Letterman. Let's just say that it's a little difficult to get tickets to his show. You have to apply online and then the day before we left for New York they finally called and we had to answer a trivia question about his show correctly in order to get tickets. Our question was, "what color of hair does Dave's announcer have? EASY....RED!!!

We then ate at Rupert's Famous Deli before we went to the show. If you watch Dave you know who Rupert is. We didn't actually think he'd be inside working at his shop. But him and his wife were the only people running it. Doesn't Rupert just look thrilled to get his picture taken...AGAIN!!! It was fun to eat in his shop though and the food was good.















Fun, Fun, Fun! I love all the pictures. I am glad you got away before little Jace gets here. You look great nine months pregnant!
ReplyDeleteYou do look great and it looks like you had a great time. I can't wait for your little one to arrive...it should be any day, right? Good luck with everything. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! You are quite the travelor lately! I love the pictures. What great trips! And good job getting all your traveling done before the baby!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip! Way to get the fun in there before little Jace arrives. I CAN'T wait to hear the big news any day now.
ReplyDeleteYou two and your baseball cracks me up! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun..and I just noticed you are ONE day away from your due date (I'm sure you knew, haha) but wow! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had some fun trips! We have enjoyed our time in New York as well. It's crazy to live in a place were news is always happening. Good luck with the baby, we'll be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteGrant