
Jace made a dramatic entrance into the world. After 17 hours of labor and 2 and a half hours of pushing after the epidural ran out...Jace Tyler was born.

We didn't get to hold him for a day and a half because he had to go to NICU. Above is our first time holding him and our first family picture.

It was so sad to see all of the cords hooked to his little body. He started out rough because he had a bowel movement inside of me...so when he finally came out he inhaled maconium. He also had the cord wrapped around his neck. He never went without oxygen...but needed a little help breathing after birth. He made a quick recovery...but had to spend a week in NICU.

The NICU nurses called him BUBBA because he was one of the biggest babies in the NICU. He was born an 8 pound baby. The nurses also called him bubba because he can down 4 ounces of formula and still want more.
I was so happy that my mother was able to be there with me during the birth. It worked out perfect. She booked her ticket to fly to Memphis a couple of months before he was born and my water just happened to break the day she was scheduled to fly out...and with 17 hours of labor she had plenty of time to get here in time.
I was so happy that my mother was able to be there with me during the birth. It worked out perfect. She booked her ticket to fly to Memphis a couple of months before he was born and my water just happened to break the day she was scheduled to fly out...and with 17 hours of labor she had plenty of time to get here in time.

Tyler loves his boy so much.

It was hard not being able to hold him for the first day and a half. But when I finally got to...he loved being held so much and didn't want to be put down.












He is so cute! I am thankful that he is doing so well. You will have quite the birth story to tell him someday. I am glad that you are feeling weel too. There is nothing like a new baby! So fun...except for the sleep deprivation part, but that will get better. Give him a big kiss from me!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness he is a handsome boy! I am loving his facial expressions! ha ha! He doesn't even look like a newborn either. He is a chubby little guy, but SO adorable. I wish I could kiss those chubby cheeks! Good luck with the next month or two! It gets easier!
ReplyDeleteI love all the cute pictures. He is soooo cute. I cannot wait to meet my little nephew, get him here soon!!!! You guys look so happy, I love you guys!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is such a cutie.
ReplyDeletejill he's SO handsome! wow that sucks about your epidural running out, i'd like to hear that whole story!! you look fabulous, as always and jace is so cute! glad you're all doing well! can't wait to see more pics of him! if you're coming to utah soon, hailee and i should drive down and meet up with you, so all of our babies can meet! love you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on getting him here and so glad to hear everything turned out okay. He sure is a cute little guy!
ReplyDeleteWhat stinkin cute kiddo!! The sleep deprivation doesn't last to long! It's a hard adjustment though, you get used to it. So glad hes doing well and you too. I'm impressed you made it 17 hours, i was done after 6. Congrats!! So glad hes here!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet boy. He is so cute. I was so good to talk to you. After all you went through, you are my hero. Enjoy your baby boy!
ReplyDeleteOh my...he is a looker! He is so dang sweet, and so handsome! I want to sniff the computer screen...he's so yummy! Congrats! What an awesome labor story you have eh? Kara kept me updated the whole time, crazy! Can't wait to hear the stories you will have, you always make me laugh!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! He is adorable! I am so sorry to hear he had to be in the NICU. . .it is definitely no fun to have them there! I am glad to hear that all is well and that you are adjusting to the new life of a mommy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jill!! he is so cute!
ReplyDeleteO my goodness. what a cute little boy!! I am so glad he is finally home with you guys. And he looks very health. I just want to squeeze in him. Take care and nice work he is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteHe is a cutie! I can't wait until you come here so that I can hold him!! I love all the pictures and can't believe how big he is!! I love talking to ya, so give me a call any time!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI'm seriously impressed, 17 hours ?!?! He's really cute! Congrats guys!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie, congratulations! I'm so glad he's hear healthy and home even after the dramatic labor. Hopefully you're recovery well also! Take care of yourself and enjoy that new cutie. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteOh Jill he is a doll...congratulations!! I love that close up picture of him wearing the hat, so precious! Your birth story is similar to my experience with Owen (but he didn't have to stay in the NICU for a week), my second delivery was A LOT easier....I'm sure yours will be too! Good luck with your new little boy, enjoy this baby stage because he will be one before you know it!!
ReplyDeleteJill he is adorable!! Congratulations!! Babies are so much fun!! They are even funner when they start growing and doing things!!
ReplyDelete